LPW and UL are bringing together a team of experienced AM practitioners to discuss the impact of metal powder evolution and the potential for material reuse in production AM.
As the manufacturing landscape for powder bed AM shifts from R&D and prototyping to serial production, more focus is being placed on the reuse of powder.
However, metal powder is not infinitely reusable, and there have already been a number of investigations which demonstrate that powder will evolve with repeated reuse.
In this webinar we explore the mechanisms which drive powder evolution and present results from some of LPW’s own powder evolution investigations. Looking across the industry, we review the range of work conducted on powder evolution by other investigators and summarise how powder evolution differs across materials and platforms.
- Mechanisms which drive powder evolution
- Results from 718 evolution study
- Introduction of new metric for powder evolution
- Impact of chemistry variance in virgin powder
- Factors effective powder evolution
- Observed defects in powder
- Review of powder evolution studies
To join the webinar register here